EB-1(b) for Outstanding Professors & Researchers
Home / Services  / EB-1(b)

EB-1(b) for Outstanding Professors & Researchers

The EB-1(b) green card category is for aliens of international recognition for the outstanding achievements in a particular academic field.

No permanent labor certification is required although a qualified job offer, setting out the title, terms and conditions of employment, from the sponsoring employer is required.

Qualifications for Outstanding Professor or Researcher standard:

To qualify for the EB-1(b), you must:

  1. Hold a tenure-track teaching position within a university or institution of higher education; and
  2. Has three years of experience in teaching or research in the academic area.

In addition, you must also satisfy at least two of the following criteria:

  • Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
  • Membership in an association which requires outstanding achievement
  • Published material in professional publications written by others about your work
  • Evidence of your participation as a judge of the work of others
  • Evidence of original scientific research
  • Authorship of scholarly books or articles in the field.

Neither your receipt of information from this website nor your use of this website to contact Ho Jin Park, Esq. creates an attorney-client relationship between you and Ho Jin Park, Esq. The materials, included in this website, are for informational purposes only and are not intended, and should not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You should contact an attorney for advice on specific legal problems. Many of the practice summaries on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Ho Jin Park, Esq.'s clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of Ho Jin Park, Esq., as not intending as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by Ho Jin Park, Esq.